IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are 70 ½* or older and have a traditional Individual Retirement Account (IRA), you can use your required minimum distribution to support Notre Dame through an IRA Charitable Rollover gift.
For your gift to qualify:
- You must be 70 ½ or older at the time of your gift
- The transfer must go directly from your IRA to Notre Dame
- Your total annual IRA gift(s) cannot exceed $100,000
- Your gift must be made to Notre Dame by December 31
- Your gift must be outright. IRA Charitable Rollover gifts to donor-advised funds or life-income vehicles such as charitable gift annuities or charitable remainder trusts are not allowed.
An IRA Charitable Rollover Gift May Benefit You:
- As an easy and convenient way to make a gift from one of your major assets. You may also consider renewing or increasing your annual gift with your IRA Charitable Rollover
- An exclusion from your gross income: a tax-free rollover
- By counting toward your required minimum distribution
Making Your Gift is Easy
Before December 31 of this year:
- Contact your IRA custodian
- Ask that your distribution be a charitable rollover to Notre Dame
- Ask them to include the following in the transfer**
- Your name
- Your address
Additional Year-End Tax Savings Strategies
In addition to a gift through your IRA Charitable Rollover distribution, please also consider the following year-end tax-saving strategies for your philanthropic giving, including:
- Gifts of Cash
- Gifts of Securities
- Gifts that Produce Income
- Matching Gifts from Your Employer
Contact us today at 877-631- 8631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you have not yet reached 70 ½, you may know someone who is and could benefit from this opportunity.
**To ensure that we can promptly and accurately credit your gift to you and allocate it according to your wishes, transfers from your financial institution need to include your name and address.
The University of Notre Dame is an educational institution and does not provide tax, legal, or financial advice. Any document or information shared by our staff is intended to be educational. Notre Dame strongly encourages all of our benefactors to seek counsel from their own legal and financial advisers. Please know that any information or documents shared by Notre Dame cannot be used to avoid tax-related penalties.