Guide to Supporting Notre Dame
Year after year, we count on gifts of all sizes to preserve our traditions and advance our mission. Your gift matters to us, and we want you to support what matters to you.
You can direct your annual gift to any dorm, academic department or college, official Student Activities club, varsity or club sport, or other officially recognized area of the University, including:
- Financial aid — help deserving students attend their dream school
- Global service — make an impact on local and global communities
- Academic and student life — help provide an education that is second to none
- Catholic mission — give students the opportunity to grow in their faith
- Areas of greatest need — give the flexibility to support our students’ changing needs
- Law School Annual Fund — support the lawyers of tomorrow
- MBA Annual Fund — help the MBA program remain among the best in the nation
- Rockne Heritage Fund — support student-athletes
Every gift you make will count toward your eligibility in the football ticket lottery. And best of all, every gift you make will have an impact on Notre Dame students.
If you are able to support Notre Dame with a gift of $1,500 or more, one of our recognition societies may be right for you:
- Sorin Society (unrestricted) — support our greatest needs
- President’s Circle (unrestricted) — assist Fr. Jenkins in advancing our mission
- Order of St. Thomas More (Law School) — help deserving students afford a top-notch legal education
- John Cardinal O’Hara Society (MBA) — shape the business leaders of tomorrow
- Director’s Circle (athletics) — help us attract the best student-athletes
- Badin Guild — planning your legacy is easier than you think
- Corby Society (Young Alumni) — make a deeper impact as a young alum
As a member of one of our recognition societies, you will enjoy a number of benefits, including invitations to members-only events and special University communications.
If you are able to support Notre Dame with a gift or pledge of $100,000 or more, one of our leadership giving opportunities may be right for you:
- Law Advancement — support one of the best law schools in the nation
- Arts Advancement — help us become a destination in the arts
- Athletics Advancement — keep our rich athletics traditions alive
- Corporate and Foundation Relations — become a partner of Notre Dame
- Naming Opportunities — leave your mark on Notre Dame
To learn more about leadership giving opportunities, please contact a regional development director.
The Promise of Stewardship
Your gifts matter. You matter. That’s why Notre Dame takes very seriously the Promise of Stewardship:
- Gifts will be acknowledged in a timely and personal manner.
- A gift accepted with a restricted purpose will be used for that purpose.
- Whenever feasible, and especially with gifts of endowment, annual reports will be shared with the donor.
*Proper recognition will always be given to the donor; recognition of a public nature will first be approved by the donor.
- The value of any “substantial” benefits resulting from a gift will be reported to the donor.
- Contributions will be accounted for using generally accepted accounting principles, which will provide a consistent, timely, and accurate reporting of all gifts into the University’s official financial records.