Guide to Supporting Notre Dame
With a gift of any amount to the Notre Dame Fund, you can make a difference and provide for areas of greatest need throughout the University. Direct your donation to a dorm, academic department or college, official Student Activities club, varsity or club sport, or other officially recognized area of the University, including:
- Financial aid — Help deserving students attend their dream school
- Mission and Service — Enable students to be a force for good in the world
- Academics — Provide an education and opportunities that are second to none
- Student Life — Support an undergraduate student experience unlike any other
- Areas of Greatest Need — Give the flexibility to support the University’s changing needs
- Law School Annual Fund — Educate a different kind of lawyer
- Graduate School Fund — Empower the next generation of values-driven business leaders
- Rockne Heritage Fund — Enhance the student-athlete experience as they represent our University through leadership and competition
Every gift you make will count toward your eligibility in the football ticket lottery. And best of all, every gift you make will have an impact on Notre Dame students.
If you are able to support the University with a gift of $1,500 or more, one of our recognition societies may be right for you. You can choose whether you want to give funds for the University to use as needed, or support specific areas that matter to you:
- Sorin Society — Join an exclusive community united by a love for Notre Dame and desire to give back in a powerful and meaningful way
- Corby Young Alumni — Further your connection and make a deeper impact as a Corby Young Alumni Member of the Sorin Society
- President’s Circle — Assist Fr. John Jenkins with priorities that advance our mission to seek God, study the world, and serve humanity
- Order of St. Thomas More (Law School) — Help deserving students afford a top-notch legal education
- John Cardinal O’Hara Society (Graduate Business Programs) — Shape the business leaders of tomorrow
- Director’s Circle (Athletics) — Support Irish Athletics ability to attract the best student-athletes
- Badin Guild (Gift Planning) — Planning your legacy is easier than you think
If you are able to support the University with a gift or pledge of $100,000 or more, one of our leadership giving opportunities may be right for you:
- Law Advancement — Support one of the best law schools in the nation
- Arts Advancement — Help us become a destination in the arts
- Athletics Advancement — Keep our rich athletics traditions alive
- Corporate and Foundation Relations — Become a partner with Notre Dame
- Naming Opportunities — Leave your mark
To learn more about leadership giving opportunities, please contact a regional development director.
The Promise of Stewardship
Your gifts matter. You matter. That’s why Notre Dame takes very seriously the Promise of Stewardship:
- Gifts will be acknowledged in a timely and personal manner.
- A gift accepted with a restricted purpose will be used for that purpose.
- Whenever feasible, and especially with gifts of endowment, annual reports will be shared with the donor.
- Proper recognition will always be given to the donor; recognition of a public nature will first be approved by the donor.
- The value of any “substantial” benefits resulting from a gift will be reported to the donor.
- Contributions will be accounted for using generally accepted accounting principles, which will provide a consistent, timely, and accurate reporting of all gifts into the University’s official financial records.