The William Corby Society
Are you a young alum and want to be more involved in ND’s future?
The William Corby Society is Notre Dame’s Young Alumni recognition society, and the first that was created just for you.
What is the Corby Society?
The Corby Society is the only society designed specifically for Young Alumni. Many Young Alumni have expressed their interest in making a bigger impact on Notre Dame, so the Annual Fund started the Corby Society to recognize those alums who are already stepping up their donation to ND, even just a few years after graduation. The Corby Society allows young alumni to support the Notre Dame experience with a gift of $500 annually before graduating to Sorin Society membership at the $1,500 level following your ten-year reunion. Your generous benefaction helps our students to achieve their dreams and impact the lives of others around the world.
The Corby Society, in partnership with the Sorin Society, is focused on raising funds for:
- Assisting students by providing more funds for financial aid
- Enhancing the campus community by providing funds for Academic and Student Life
- Promoting efforts in Global Service around the world.
How do I become a member?
To become a member:
- You need to be an undergraduate alum, who graduated within the last ten years. Currently, alums from the classes of 2004-2013 can join the Corby Society
- Make a $500 annual donation to Notre Dame. The focus of the Corby Society is to raise funds for Financial Aid, Academic and Student Life, Global Service, Catholic Mission, and Areas of Greatest Need.
- Class of 2013 alums can join Corby for $250 for the 2013 calendar year.
- Donations can be made as a recurring gift on ND’s website: donate.nd.edu.
What does the membership experience include?
Joining the Corby Society will provide you with a new way to connect to fellow alumni, both new and old, who feel just as strongly about their alma mater as you. The Corby Society will be hosting its own events in some of the larger metro areas throughout the country. Also, Corby members will have access to many Sorin Society events, like the Football Friday reception, Saturday morning pre-game brunch at the Morris Inn tent, and post game events at McKenna Hall.
In addition to the event benefits, Corby Society members will receive priority access to purchase four tickets to a designated Corby Society home football game each year. Along with the ticket benefit, there will also be a parking pass lottery available to Corby members for that game. Periodically, Corby members will also be able to take advantage of other athletic event benefits for hockey, men’s and women’s basketball and the Blue-Gold game.
Other opportunities include:
- Exclusive online communications
- Discounts at various on-campus venues
Most importantly, you’ll have satisfaction in knowing that you have helped secure the Notre Dame experience for future students for years to come.
Remember when they said you were Notre Dame’s future? You still are.
Questions please contact:
Chris Harrington ’08
Assistant Director, Young Alumni