Order of St. Thomas More
How do you educate a different kind of lawyer? Ask a member of the Order of St. Thomas More.
What is the Order of St. Thomas More?
The Order of St. Thomas More is a group of alumni, parents, and friends who provide a high level of annual support for the Notre Dame Law School. Through their gifts, members support:
- Financial aid and loan forgiveness
- Clinical and academic programs
- Faculty recruitment
- Career services and student life
- The Kresge Law Library
- International research, teaching, and service
And most important, members constitute a strong network for our students and alumni.
How do I become a member?
Joining the Order is easy! Simply make an annual gift to the Law School at one of the following tiers of giving:
- NEW: Associate Membership $500 – $1,499 for Law School alumni within five years of graduation (Classes of ’08-’12)
- Traditional $1,500 or more
- Dean’s Circle $5,000, $10,000, or more
What do members experience?
As a member of the Order of St. Thomas More, you will receive:
- A medallion symbolizing your membership in the Order
- A personalized membership card entitling you to discounts at select on-campus dining venues, including Sorin’s, Leahy’s, and Legends, and a 20 percent discount on purchases at the Warren Golf Course Pro Shop (excludes golf lessons)
- Select Law School publications, including Notre Dame Lawyer
- University communications, such as the President’s Newsletter and Notre Dame Magazine
- Invitations to regional gatherings, special campus events and March Under the Arch home football game receptions
- “Special contributor status” in the football ticket lottery, with improved chances for success in obtaining tickets to multiple home football games
On top of all that, you will receive additional benefits as a Dean’s Circle member.
Every gift matters. Join the Order of St. Thomas More today.
If you want to support your class’s reunion giving efforts, be sure to make your gift between July 1, 2012, and June 30, 2013.
Supporting a New Generation of Lawyers
Enhancing our Loan Repayment Assistance Program
Alumni giving is a major factor in the loan repayment assistance program (LRAP). “Thanks to their generosity, the Law School was able to substantially enhance LRAP three years ago,” says Bob Jones, Clinical Professor of Law And LRAP administrator. “Since that time, the total awarded annually has more than doubled to $70,000 (the maximum allowed per qualifying student is $12,000), and the number of participants in the program has increased considerably. Our hope is to continue to grow the program so that it will become one of the best in the country.”
Public Service Initiative
In today’s difficult job market, not all law students are finding immediate employment upon graduation. Through the Public Service Initiative established in 2008, Notre Dame is able to extend modest stipends to recent graduates who are still seeking employment. Michael Hom, NDLS ’04, of the Career Services office works with other Law School alumni to find temporary positions with government, nonprofit, and other public interest groups. This special program, supported by your donations to the Law School Annual Fund and the Order of St. Thomas More, provides an invaluable springboard for the next generation of Notre Dame lawyers.