Student Phone Center
Who We Are
The Student Phone Center was created in 1987 to provide another way for the University to stay in touch with its alumni, parents, and friends. While the Phone Center solicits support for the University, it also serves as a direct line of communication between current students, who are intimately familiar with developments on campus, and the Notre Dame community beyond the Dome.
The past year has seen several important developments for the Phone Center, including its relocation from Grace Hall on the north side of campus, to the Eck Visitor’s Center on Notre Dame Avenue. With that move, the Phone Center has expanded and currently employs roughly 130 student callers and managers.
Every gift, whether it be a contribution to a recognition society or a more modest donation of $25, has an impact on Notre Dame. As students, Phone Center callers benefit directly from your support. Gifts to financial aid, dorm renovations, research opportunities, and so much more: we are thankful for every one of them.
When you receive a call from the Student Phone Center, you can expect the caller to:
- Identify him/herself as a student caller from Notre Dame, giving his or her name and class year.
- Talk about news or developments on campus, including athletics, and occasionally ask questions concerning a shared major, job interest, or experience.
- Explain that he or she is calling on behalf of the Notre Dame Annual Fund and describe how donations impact students.
- Ask for your support.
- Set up payment, either by credit card or pledge card.
- Determine if you work for a matching gift company.
- Verify your home address and email.
- Thank you!