Driven by our founding Catholic character, our students and faculty strive to be a force for good around the world.
From close residential communities to state-of-the-art technologies, a Notre Dame education truly is an education of the mind and heart. You can help us continue to provide a unique undergraduate experience by supporting student life.
- All first-year students live on campus, and many choose to stay in their dorms all four years.
- With some 80 percent of students living on-campus, many of Notre Dame’s longest standing and most popular traditions center around life in the 29 residence halls.
- Each residence hall has a mascot and nickname, a color scheme, a favorite charity and a signature event, ranging from concerts to game shows, casino nights and auctions.
- Most dorms also hold a Sunday night Mass for the residents.
- Students have the opportunity to participate in more than 300 student organizations and clubs.
- Throughout the year, students participate in long-standing campus traditions, such as Bookstore Basketball, Fisher Regatta, Dillon Hall pep rally, Polar Plunge, An Toastal, SYRs (Set Up your Roommate), Muddy Sunday, Geek Week, Milkshake Mass, Bengal Bouts and Baraka Bouts, Saturday tailgates, ROTC events and many, many more.
- North and South Dining Halls offer themed meals throughout the academic year including Halloween and Valentine’s Day desserts, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Cinco de Mayo dinners, and Lenten and Easter buffets. Also a big favorite – candlelight dinners after home football games in the dining hall complete with white tablecloths and yes, plenty of candles.