Academic and Student Life
Nowhere else but Notre Dame:
a few words that suggest the near-limitless possibilities for intellectual, social, and spiritual growth available to Notre Dame students. From close residential communities to state-of-the-art technologies, a Notre Dame education truly is an education of the mind and heart.
- All first-year students live on campus, and many choose to stay in their dorms all four years.
- Undergraduates can choose from 62 bachelor’s degree programs and more than 300 student organizations
- Via a live, high-def connection, Notre Dame students can now practice their foreign-language skills by conversing directly with counterparts in 20 countries around the world.
- First-year students break bread with faculty during Discernment Dinners, in which professors help to begin the complex conversation about choosing a major and considering a vocation.
- Notre Dame’s graduation rate of 95% is exceeded only by Harvard’s and Princeton’s.
- Notre Dame grads are accepted into medical schools at a rate of about 80%, almost twice the national average.
Continue the tradition. Support academic and student life.